After Telangana, demand for splitting J&K
Zee Media bureau
Jammu: Centre`s decision to create a separate state of Telangana has triggered demands for creation of smaller states by bifurcating the bigger ones and this time Shiv Sena has called for the division of Jammu & Kashmir.
Scores of Shiv Sena activists on Wednesday protested in Jammu to press for their demand to create a separate state by bifurcating Jammu & Kashmir.
No untoward incident has been reported from Jammu, where situation is said to be under control.
Congress Working Committee`s go ahead to the creation of Telangana has bolstered many regional leaders, including Rashtriya Lok Dal chief and Union Minister Ajit Singh, to demand the creation of smaller states.
RLD chief and Civil Aviation Minister said the western part of the state should be separated from UP and given an independent identity –Harit Pradesh.
Today, BSP chief and former Uttar Pradesh chief minister Mayawati called for splitting the state into four parts - Harit Pradesh, Poorvanchal, Bundelkhand and Madhya Uttar Pradesh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH