After Telangana, demand for splitting J&K
Zee Media bureau
Jammu: Centre`s decision to create a separate state of Telangana has triggered demands for creation of smaller states by bifurcating the bigger ones and this time Shiv Sena has called for the division of Jammu & Kashmir.
Scores of Shiv Sena activists on Wednesday protested in Jammu to press for their demand to create a separate state by bifurcating Jammu & Kashmir.
No untoward incident has been reported from Jammu, where situation is said to be under control.
Congress Working Committee`s go ahead to the creation of Telangana has bolstered many regional leaders, including Rashtriya Lok Dal chief and Union Minister Ajit Singh, to demand the creation of smaller states.
RLD chief and Civil Aviation Minister said the western part of the state should be separated from UP and given an independent identity –Harit Pradesh.
Today, BSP chief and former Uttar Pradesh chief minister Mayawati called for splitting the state into four parts - Harit Pradesh, Poorvanchal, Bundelkhand and Madhya Uttar Pradesh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2017: Samajwadi Party's 'kaam bolta hai' slogan faces litmus test