After Telangana, demand for splitting J&K
Zee Media bureau
Jammu: Centre`s decision to create a separate state of Telangana has triggered demands for creation of smaller states by bifurcating the bigger ones and this time Shiv Sena has called for the division of Jammu & Kashmir.
Scores of Shiv Sena activists on Wednesday protested in Jammu to press for their demand to create a separate state by bifurcating Jammu & Kashmir.
No untoward incident has been reported from Jammu, where situation is said to be under control.
Congress Working Committee`s go ahead to the creation of Telangana has bolstered many regional leaders, including Rashtriya Lok Dal chief and Union Minister Ajit Singh, to demand the creation of smaller states.
RLD chief and Civil Aviation Minister said the western part of the state should be separated from UP and given an independent identity –Harit Pradesh.
Today, BSP chief and former Uttar Pradesh chief minister Mayawati called for splitting the state into four parts - Harit Pradesh, Poorvanchal, Bundelkhand and Madhya Uttar Pradesh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj