After truce, three union ministers meet Pranab
New Delhi: Soon after the "truce" between Pranab Mukherjee and Home Minister P Chidambaram on the controversial 2G note issue, three Union ministers on Thursday met the Finance Minister.
Emerging from the meeting, Minister of State in PMO V Narayanasamy said they discussed the strategy for the winter session of Parliament, dates for which have not been announced so far, as several key bills could not be taken up during the
monsoon session due to frequent disruptions by the Opposition led by BJP.
"This time, we will come out with a strategy to ensure the legislative business is not hit by disruptions," he told reporters.
Parliamentary Affairs Minister Pawan Kumar Bansal described the meeting as "routine" which was also attended by his deputy in the Parliamentary Affairs Ministry Rajiv Shukla.
Asked to comment on the 2G note, Narayanasamy said BJP was making an "issue out of a non-issue".
"BJP is doing the Opposition`s job and we are doing the government`s job," he said adding the controversy relating to the Finance Ministry note was over. "The chapter is closed.
This issue has been resolved," he said.
To a poser on the stand Congress members in JPC, examining the 2G issue, will adopt on Finance Ministry note, Shukla said they will themselves devise a strategy to go about the issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie