Afzal Guru hanged: Home Ministry asks states to tighten security
New Delhi: The Union Home Ministry has issued an advisory to all state police forces to keep a tight vigil and remain alert in view of the hanging of Parliament attack convict Afzal Guru here on Saturday.
Sources said the advisory has asked police forces to maintain a high level of security and ensure law and order is maintained and regulated without any problem.
Mohammed Afzal Guru, convicted in the audacious attack on Parliament in 2001, was today hanged in the Tihar Jail, six days after his mercy plea was rejected by President Pranab Mukherjee.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jharkhand: 2 dead, several injured in clashes between police, villagers in Ramgarh
- Delhi minister meets Jain monk over Vishal Dadlani tweet controversy
- One killed in annual bull racing in Peru
- 16-year-old Indian-origin boy finds cure for breast cancer treatment
- Heartbreaking! Denied medical help, 12-year-old UP boy dies on dad's shoulder
- Swiss fighter jet missing, believed crashed: Ministry
- PM Narendra Modi reviews plans to counter strike by trade unions
- 'Indo-US logistic pact is not agreement to set up bases'
- Defiant Rousseff says Brazil's democracy on trial with her
- Small group holding majority to ransom: Manohar Parrikar on Kashmir