Afzal Guru hanged: Home Ministry asks states to tighten security
New Delhi: The Union Home Ministry has issued an advisory to all state police forces to keep a tight vigil and remain alert in view of the hanging of Parliament attack convict Afzal Guru here on Saturday.
Sources said the advisory has asked police forces to maintain a high level of security and ensure law and order is maintained and regulated without any problem.
Mohammed Afzal Guru, convicted in the audacious attack on Parliament in 2001, was today hanged in the Tihar Jail, six days after his mercy plea was rejected by President Pranab Mukherjee.
- Rahul Gandhi as UP CM? Twitteratis had a blast
- VVIP chopper deal: After CBI, SP Tyagi to be questioned by Enforcement Directorate
- Nagaland HSSLC (Class 12) Result 2016, NBSE 12th Class Result 2016 announced; check nbsenagaland.com, nagaland.gov.in
- WATCH: Kolkata Knight Riders skipper Gautam Gambhir kicks a chair to celebrate team's win over Royal Challengers Bangalore
- Biggest tech merger in history to be called Dell Technologies