Afzal Guru hanged: Home Ministry asks states to tighten security
New Delhi: The Union Home Ministry has issued an advisory to all state police forces to keep a tight vigil and remain alert in view of the hanging of Parliament attack convict Afzal Guru here on Saturday.
Sources said the advisory has asked police forces to maintain a high level of security and ensure law and order is maintained and regulated without any problem.
Mohammed Afzal Guru, convicted in the audacious attack on Parliament in 2001, was today hanged in the Tihar Jail, six days after his mercy plea was rejected by President Pranab Mukherjee.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read