Afzal Guru hanged: Home Ministry asks states to tighten security
New Delhi: The Union Home Ministry has issued an advisory to all state police forces to keep a tight vigil and remain alert in view of the hanging of Parliament attack convict Afzal Guru here on Saturday.
Sources said the advisory has asked police forces to maintain a high level of security and ensure law and order is maintained and regulated without any problem.
Mohammed Afzal Guru, convicted in the audacious attack on Parliament in 2001, was today hanged in the Tihar Jail, six days after his mercy plea was rejected by President Pranab Mukherjee.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!