Afzal Guru hanged: Home Ministry asks states to tighten security
New Delhi: The Union Home Ministry has issued an advisory to all state police forces to keep a tight vigil and remain alert in view of the hanging of Parliament attack convict Afzal Guru here on Saturday.
Sources said the advisory has asked police forces to maintain a high level of security and ensure law and order is maintained and regulated without any problem.
Mohammed Afzal Guru, convicted in the audacious attack on Parliament in 2001, was today hanged in the Tihar Jail, six days after his mercy plea was rejected by President Pranab Mukherjee.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH