Afzal Guru hanged outside his cell
New Delhi: Parliament attack convict Afzal Guru was hanged on Saturday a few metres away from the Tihar Jail cell where he was lodged since 2001, said the jail`s Director General Vimla Mehra Saturday.
"He was hanged at 8 am today (Saturday). He was lodged in special security jail number 3 and was hanged about 20 metres away from the cell," Mehra told a news agency.
Afzal Guru was convicted for his role in the attack on the Indian parliament in 2001.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fresh plea in SC against triple talaq system
- Consumers will be compensated for unscheduled power cuts: Delhi CM Kejriwal
- Shocking! Man dies performing stunt in moving train in Mumbai
- China planning to stretch its Nepal rail link to Bihar: Report
- National child helpline number '1098' now launched in 25 languages!
- 'Russia killed 28,000 militants in Syria, third of all IS forces'
- Thousands of migrants saved in 23 rescue operations off Libya
- Lashkar-e-Toiba carried out deadly 2007 Samjhauta Express blasts: NIA to submit this US intel report in court
- JeM planning Pathankot-II with support from Pakistan's ISI, IM, conducting recce of Indian cities: Military intel
- Arijit Singh writes open letter to Salman Khan apologising and requesting him to retain ‘Sultan’ song – Here’s why