Afzal Guru hanged: Yashwant Sinha praises President Pranab
Hazaribagh: Senior BJP leader Yashwant Sinha congratulated President Pranab Mukherjee for rejecting the mercy petition of terrorist Afzal Guru, who was hanged on Saturday.
Addressing a press conference here Sinha said, the President deserved praise for rejecting the mercy petition.
"The President’s action is a clear signal that terrorists have no place in the country."
Responding to a question on whether the President acted under opposition pressure, Sinha said, the Supreme Court upheld the verdict of death penalty of the terrorist in 2006 and he did not find any reason why the hanging was kept pending for such a long period.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation