Afzal Guru hanging better late than never: Narendra Modi
New Delhi: Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi on Saturday said the hanging of Parliament attack convict Afzal Guru was better late than never.
" Der aaye durast aaye (Better late than never)," Modi said on the microblogging site Twitter.
Afzal Guru was convicted for his role in the attack on Parliament in 2001. He was hanged on Saturday morning in Tihar jail.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez