Afzal Guru hanging better late than never: Narendra Modi
New Delhi: Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi on Saturday said the hanging of Parliament attack convict Afzal Guru was better late than never.
" Der aaye durast aaye (Better late than never)," Modi said on the microblogging site Twitter.
Afzal Guru was convicted for his role in the attack on Parliament in 2001. He was hanged on Saturday morning in Tihar jail.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- Two dead, 41 hurt in bus crash involving Louisiana flood-relief volunteers
- Three accused of 2009 Sri Lanka cricket team attack killed, claims Pakistan
- Heart failure among the aged may triple by 2060
- Shahid Kapoor holding his newly born daughter is the cutest thing you will see today! – Pic inside
- Battles in Libya's Sirte kill 34 fighters, injure over 180