Afzal Guru hanging better late than never: Narendra Modi
New Delhi: Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi on Saturday said the hanging of Parliament attack convict Afzal Guru was better late than never.
" Der aaye durast aaye (Better late than never)," Modi said on the microblogging site Twitter.
Afzal Guru was convicted for his role in the attack on Parliament in 2001. He was hanged on Saturday morning in Tihar jail.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu launches India's first green rail corridor in Tamil Nadu
- UP: 8 children killed as train hits school mini-bus in Bhadohi
- Watch 'Kala Chashma' teaser: Check out Katrina Kaif-Sidharth Malhotra's desi swag
- Navjot Singh Sidhu says he quit Rajya Sabha because he was told to stay away from Punjab
- Missing IAF AN32: Co-pilot Pankaj Nandel's family hopeful of his return
- Lifestyle and home remedies to deal with panic attacks!
- Quran desecration case: AAP MLA Naresh Yadav sent to 2-day police custody