Afzal Guru’s wife receives his last letter despite curfew
New Delhi: The wife of Afzal Guru, Tabassum, received the last letter written by him addressed to his wife Tabassum a few hours before his execution in Delhi`s Tihar Jail.
The letter, sent by speed post, was delivered in a span of 26 hours despite curfew in the area, as per reports.
Officials at the Tihar Jail said Afzal Guru, convicted for his role in the 2001 Parliament attack, was told Feb 8 evening that he would be hanged the following morning.
He was provided a pen and paper when he expressed his wish to write to his wife. The letter, written in Urdu, was posted to his family Feb 9.
Afzal Guru, 43, was hanged inside Tihar Jail on Feb 9 morning for plotting the attack on Parliament House that occurred Dec 13, 2001. He was buried inside the jail complex in accordance with the jail manual.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video