Afzal Guru’s wife receives his last letter despite curfew
New Delhi: The wife of Afzal Guru, Tabassum, received the last letter written by him addressed to his wife Tabassum a few hours before his execution in Delhi`s Tihar Jail.
The letter, sent by speed post, was delivered in a span of 26 hours despite curfew in the area, as per reports.
Officials at the Tihar Jail said Afzal Guru, convicted for his role in the 2001 Parliament attack, was told Feb 8 evening that he would be hanged the following morning.
He was provided a pen and paper when he expressed his wish to write to his wife. The letter, written in Urdu, was posted to his family Feb 9.
Afzal Guru, 43, was hanged inside Tihar Jail on Feb 9 morning for plotting the attack on Parliament House that occurred Dec 13, 2001. He was buried inside the jail complex in accordance with the jail manual.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?