Against any dilution of RTI Act: PM
New Delhi: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, Friday, reiterated the government’s commitment to a strong and effective RTI Act.
Inaugurating the Central Information Commissioner’s convention here, the PM said that the government is against any dilution of the Act and that any suggestion to make it more effective is welcome.
However, the PM accepted that there are certain grey areas which need to be addressed and a critical review of the RTI Act needs to be undertaken.
Dr Singh also pointed out that RTI Act is a strong tool to ensure accountability in administration, while also stressing that information through RTI should not adversely affect
delivery process in governance
Further details are awaited.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31