Against any dilution of RTI Act: PM
New Delhi: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, Friday, reiterated the government’s commitment to a strong and effective RTI Act.
Inaugurating the Central Information Commissioner’s convention here, the PM said that the government is against any dilution of the Act and that any suggestion to make it more effective is welcome.
However, the PM accepted that there are certain grey areas which need to be addressed and a critical review of the RTI Act needs to be undertaken.
Dr Singh also pointed out that RTI Act is a strong tool to ensure accountability in administration, while also stressing that information through RTI should not adversely affect
delivery process in governance
Further details are awaited.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Anushka Sharma slaps ‘Sultan’ Salman Khan?
- Katrina Kaif’s views on ‘intolerance’ in the country - Here's what the actress said