Age row could have been avoided: Gen Singh
Thiruvananthapuram: Army Chief General VK Singh on Tuesday said he wished the controversy over his age could have been avoided.
Asked what he feels over the issue, sad or angry, the general replied, "I want to look at it as something that could have been avoided."
When asked who, he shot back, “By everybody."
Gen Singh arrived here on a two-day visit Monday and attended the release of a book, "North-East Trilogy", written by Dipti Bhalla and Kunal Verma.
The book was released by Kerala Chief Minister Oommen Chandy.
In response to another question, Gen Singh said corruption had always been a major issue and people were fighting corruption everywhere.
"Our thrust is in transparency and probity and to ensure middlemen`s wrong practices are checked. Defects in purchases ... the Army takes action and we ensure it is corrected.
"Changes in the entire system are required," he added.
Earlier, Gen Singh and his wife prayed at the Sree Padmanabhaswamy temple and the nearby Ganapathy temple here.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani