Agencies monitoring frontal outfits of Naxals
New Delhi: Security agencies are monitoring
the activities of several organisations based in Delhi,
Kolkata, Mumbai, Nagpur and Gurgaon, suspected to be working
as frontal outfits of Naxals with the aim of expanding their
bases in the cities.
Official sources said while some of these outfits are
functioning as women, youth or students organisations, some
others are working as labour unions.
"These organisations are keeping regular contacts with
some of the top CPI (Maoist) leaders and working according to
their advice. Their main objective is to set up bases in urban
areas," a source said.
The office bearers of these organisations include
teachers and even PhD scholars from two prominent
universities in the national capital, certain journalists,
artists, lawyers, doctors and others based in these cities,
the source said.
The central security agencies have shared the inputs with
the state governments concerned and asked them to monitor the
activities of these organisations and take necessary action.
The organisations are holding indoctrination camps,
raising finances, procuring electronic equipment, and giving
safe havens to Naxalites whenever necessary, the sources said.
They said the laptop belonging to Kobad Ghandy, a
politburo member of the CPI-ML, arrested in 2009 in Delhi, had
given enough indication about the existence of sleeper cells
of Naxalites in urban areas.
A joint operation by the Maharashtra and Andhra Pradesh
police forces last year had led to recovery of some documents
which also suggested Maoist activities in urban areas, they
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Shocking CCTV footage of a woman assaulting her mother-in-law
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Mumbai police to probe if RK Singh's claims on Dawood Ibrahim substantiated
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Shocking revelation! Indrani Mukherjea's daughter Sheena Bora was pregnant
- When Peter Mukherjea met and fell madly in love with Indrani