Agents` access barred for one-hr on Tatkal booking
New Delhi: Web-based agents and web services
agents of IRCTC have been barred from getting access to tatkal
bookings from July 10 for an hour in the morning following
complaints against them of cornering berths.
Besides, IRCTC agents have been barred from getting
access to booking berths for an hour on trains on the first
day of Advance Reservation Period (ARP) from today, a railway
official said today.
As per the decision, the agents will not get access to
tatkal bookings or booking under ARP from 8 am to 9 am.
Advance reservation period opens 90 days in advance and
the agents cannot have access to booking for the first hour on
the opening day, said the official.
"Taking passenger such complaints into account, Railways
have decided not to give the web-based agents and web services
agents of the IRCTC access to tatkal booking from 8 am to 9
am," he said.
The move will, however, be temporary in nature. "We want
to give individuals a chance to book their ticket without any
problem and if passenger complaints are addressed through this
move, we would implement the decision permanently," he
Indian Railways sees over 9.5 lakh booking across the
country each day, 30 per cent of which is done through the
IRCTC portal. There are approximately about eight lakh agents
According to reports, Railway Minister Mamata Banerjee is
believed to have asked the Railway Board to find ways to
address the issue after being inundated with such complaints.
"With this move, we want to curb the menace of touting
as passengers have often complained of it," he said.
The problem is more pronounced during holiday seasons and
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics?
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part II
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part III
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part IV
- Why is Mehbooba Mufti attacking Hindu beliefs for votes?
- NEET ordinance: Union Health Minister JP Nadda to meet President on Monday
- Will meet Trump despite his dangerous views on Muslims: Cameron
- Sambhavna Seth ready to walk down the aisle! - Pics inside
- Rajnath Singh mourns killing of jawans in Manipur, says MHA monitoring situation
- US to continue sanctions on some of Myanmar's sectors: John Kerry