Aginvesh asks Bedi to come clean in cheating case
New Delhi: Terming the registration of a case of cheating against Kiran Bedi as a "very serious matter", activist Swami Agnivesh today said the Team Anna
member should explain her conduct to clear her name.
"It is not that somebody has gone to a police station with a complaint and police registers a case. The court has taken cognisance and has ordered police to register a case. This shows the seriousness. This is a very serious matter,"
Agnivesh told a news agency.
"She (Bedi) should explain the matter and should come clean. I will comment after she explains the matter," he said.
Agnivesh said he will not comment when asked whether Bedi should keep away from Team Anna till her name is cleared.
Delhi Police today registered a case against Team Anna member Kiran Bedi for allegedly misappropriating funds meant for her NGOs following a local court order.
DCP (Crime) Ashok Chand said a case under Section 420 (cheating), 406 (criminal breach of trust), 120 b (criminal conspiracy) of IPC has been slapped against Bedi.
The action comes a day after a local court passed an order to this effect.
The court had ordered registration of an FIR against her after taking note of a complaint of a Delhi-based lawyer Devinder Singh Chauhan who alleged she "looted" various paramilitary forces and police organisations in the name of
imparting free computer training under the banner of her NGOs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH