Agni-5 can reach Harbin: Chinese daily
Beijing: Agni-5, India`s latest long-range
nuclear-capable missile under development, can target China`s
northernmost city of Harbin, a leading Chinese newspaper has
claimed amid a slew of strident anti-India articles over the
status of Arunachal Pradesh.
"India`s Advanced Systems Laboratory (ASL) has made its
forthcoming Agni-5 missile highly road-mobile, or easily
transportable by road, which would bring Harbin, China`s
northernmost city within striking range if the Agni-5 is moved
to northeast India," the People`s Daily reported.
Harbin is the capital of China`s Heilongjiang Province.
The paper, the mouthpiece of the ruling Communist Party,
noted that the Agni-5 which has a range of 5,000 km is similar
to the Dongfeng-31A showcased during China`s National Day
Military Parade on October 1 in Beijing.
India is going to test-fire the missile in early 2011,
the report claimed.
The report came two days after China raked up its claim
over Arunachal Pradesh, questioning Prime Minister Manmohan
Singh`s visit there on October 3.
Reacting strongly to the Chinese objection to Singh`s
visit, India said the comments were disappointing as the state
is an inalienable part of the country and such remarks do "not
help" the process of talks on boundary issue.
A number of state-run Chinese papers have stepped up
rhetoric against India on the boundary issue through their
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read