Agni-5 to be star attraction at Republic Day Parade
New Delhi: Long Range Ballistic Missile Agni-5 and Airborne Early Warning and Control System will be some of the major attractions of the DRDO tableau during the Republic Day parade.
DRDO had successfully test fired the Agni-5 in April last year and had entered the elite club of nations to possess the capability.
"DRDO contingent consists of Agni-5 missile, Armoured Amphibious Dozer (AAD) and two tableau, one depicting the Airborne Early Warning and Control (AEW&C) System and the other one depicting advanced Sonars developed for the Indian Navy," a DRDO release said here today.
The contingent will be led by Lt Colonel Jagvir Singh Jaglan who is presently posted at Vehicle Research and Development Laboratory, Ahmednagar.
Lt Col Jaglan was commissioned from the Officers Training Academy (OTA) in Mar 1995 and belongs to the Corps of Electronics and Mechanical Engineers (EME).
The Agni-5 missile is an advanced long range surface to surface ballistic missile capable of being launched within minutes, from a self-contained road mobile launcher, to deliver payloads to distances in excess of 5000 km, the release said.
Armoured Amphibious Dozer is an indigenously developed versatile combat engineer support equipment with excellent earth moving and amphibious capabilities in varied terrain, it added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Clerics issue fatwa, make transgender marriage lawful in Pakistan
- Oil prices fall as Brexit lingers, refined products glut looms
- This Shiva temple in Pune built by Peshwa Nanasaheb is unique – Details inside
- Brexit consequence: British thaali may give Indian lady's finger a miss
- Ajay Devgn to star in Rohit Shetty's 'Golmaal 4'! Details inside