Agni-5 to be star attraction at Republic Day Parade
New Delhi: Long Range Ballistic Missile Agni-5 and Airborne Early Warning and Control System will be some of the major attractions of the DRDO tableau during the Republic Day parade.
DRDO had successfully test fired the Agni-5 in April last year and had entered the elite club of nations to possess the capability.
"DRDO contingent consists of Agni-5 missile, Armoured Amphibious Dozer (AAD) and two tableau, one depicting the Airborne Early Warning and Control (AEW&C) System and the other one depicting advanced Sonars developed for the Indian Navy," a DRDO release said here today.
The contingent will be led by Lt Colonel Jagvir Singh Jaglan who is presently posted at Vehicle Research and Development Laboratory, Ahmednagar.
Lt Col Jaglan was commissioned from the Officers Training Academy (OTA) in Mar 1995 and belongs to the Corps of Electronics and Mechanical Engineers (EME).
The Agni-5 missile is an advanced long range surface to surface ballistic missile capable of being launched within minutes, from a self-contained road mobile launcher, to deliver payloads to distances in excess of 5000 km, the release said.
Armoured Amphibious Dozer is an indigenously developed versatile combat engineer support equipment with excellent earth moving and amphibious capabilities in varied terrain, it added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing