Agni-5 to be star attraction at Republic Day Parade
New Delhi: Long Range Ballistic Missile Agni-5 and Airborne Early Warning and Control System will be some of the major attractions of the DRDO tableau during the Republic Day parade.
DRDO had successfully test fired the Agni-5 in April last year and had entered the elite club of nations to possess the capability.
"DRDO contingent consists of Agni-5 missile, Armoured Amphibious Dozer (AAD) and two tableau, one depicting the Airborne Early Warning and Control (AEW&C) System and the other one depicting advanced Sonars developed for the Indian Navy," a DRDO release said here today.
The contingent will be led by Lt Colonel Jagvir Singh Jaglan who is presently posted at Vehicle Research and Development Laboratory, Ahmednagar.
Lt Col Jaglan was commissioned from the Officers Training Academy (OTA) in Mar 1995 and belongs to the Corps of Electronics and Mechanical Engineers (EME).
The Agni-5 missile is an advanced long range surface to surface ballistic missile capable of being launched within minutes, from a self-contained road mobile launcher, to deliver payloads to distances in excess of 5000 km, the release said.
Armoured Amphibious Dozer is an indigenously developed versatile combat engineer support equipment with excellent earth moving and amphibious capabilities in varied terrain, it added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed