`Agni-V has boosted defence preparedness`
Rajahmundry (AP): India`s defence preparedness has been boosted by the successful launch of Inter-Continental Ballistic Missile Agni-V, Minister of State for Defence M M Pallam Raju has said.
"With the launch of Agni-V, our defence system has been further strengthened," he said.
"We are reviewing defence-related matters keeping in view China and other neighbouring countries," Raju said.
Nuclear-tipped Agni-V, which has a strike range of over 5,000 km, was successfully test-fired on April 19 off Odisha coast.
The minister, who is Lok Sabha MP from Kakinada, was talking to reporters at Kothapet in East Godavari district, where he had gone to attend a private function last evening.
"We are importing nuclear reactors from Russia and taking steps to produce nuclear power in the country," Raju said.
He assured that all welfare schemes launched by the YS Rajasekhara Reddy-led Congress government in Andhra Pradesh in 2004 will continue and there will be no disruption in their implementation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!