`Agni-V has boosted defence preparedness`
Rajahmundry (AP): India`s defence preparedness has been boosted by the successful launch of Inter-Continental Ballistic Missile Agni-V, Minister of State for Defence M M Pallam Raju has said.
"With the launch of Agni-V, our defence system has been further strengthened," he said.
"We are reviewing defence-related matters keeping in view China and other neighbouring countries," Raju said.
Nuclear-tipped Agni-V, which has a strike range of over 5,000 km, was successfully test-fired on April 19 off Odisha coast.
The minister, who is Lok Sabha MP from Kakinada, was talking to reporters at Kothapet in East Godavari district, where he had gone to attend a private function last evening.
"We are importing nuclear reactors from Russia and taking steps to produce nuclear power in the country," Raju said.
He assured that all welfare schemes launched by the YS Rajasekhara Reddy-led Congress government in Andhra Pradesh in 2004 will continue and there will be no disruption in their implementation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH