Agni-V to be best missile of 21st century: DRDO
Gwalior: DRDO Director General Vijay Kumar Saraswat on Friday said Agni-V missile which took 30 years to be developed, was the best such thing in the 21st century.
Agni-V is an intercontinental ballistic missile developed by the Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) of India. It is part of the Agni series of missiles, one of the missile systems under the original Integrated Guided Missile Development Programme.
At a felicitation function at ITM university here, Saraswat said the making of the missile had become possible because of the support and cooperation of people like former Prime Minister late Indira Gandhi and former scientific advisor APJ Abdul Kalam.
"Such people had great vision and this helped in the successful making of the missile," he said.
The DRDO Director General said the making of the missile had given him happiness and satisfaction and induced hope that challenges of future would be met successfully.
The missile could not have been made without the work done by young scientists who were full of self-confidence, he said.
He thanked the university for felicitating him in the city of his birth.
On the occasion, Chhattisgarh Governor Shekhar Dutt said the development in the country should be done on the lines of Japan and Germany.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: AIADMK member from Cuddalore dies after seeing news about Tamil Nadu CM's cardiac arrest