Agni-V to be best missile of 21st century: DRDO
Gwalior: DRDO Director General Vijay Kumar Saraswat on Friday said Agni-V missile which took 30 years to be developed, was the best such thing in the 21st century.
Agni-V is an intercontinental ballistic missile developed by the Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) of India. It is part of the Agni series of missiles, one of the missile systems under the original Integrated Guided Missile Development Programme.
At a felicitation function at ITM university here, Saraswat said the making of the missile had become possible because of the support and cooperation of people like former Prime Minister late Indira Gandhi and former scientific advisor APJ Abdul Kalam.
"Such people had great vision and this helped in the successful making of the missile," he said.
The DRDO Director General said the making of the missile had given him happiness and satisfaction and induced hope that challenges of future would be met successfully.
The missile could not have been made without the work done by young scientists who were full of self-confidence, he said.
He thanked the university for felicitating him in the city of his birth.
On the occasion, Chhattisgarh Governor Shekhar Dutt said the development in the country should be done on the lines of Japan and Germany.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj