Agnivesh no longer part of Team Anna: Kejriwal
Gurgaon: In an apparent indication of growing rift in Anna Hazare’s camp, Arvind Kejriwal, a close aide of the Gandhian activist, on Monday announced that Swami Agnivesh will no longer be a part of Team Anna.
Kejriwal, while briefing press reporters on Anna Hazare’s health condition said, “We have cut off all relations with Swami Agnviesh and he will no longer be a part of the group led by the noted social activist.”
Kejriwal further informed that after his recovery, Anna will straight away go to his model village Ralegaon Siddhi in Maharashtra, where team Anna will chalk out the future course of strategy on the Lokpal Bill.
The announcement has confirmed the reports of growing differences between key members of Team Anna. The cracks in Team Anna first appeared on Friday, when Justice Santosh Hegde and Swami Agnivesh demanded that the Gandhian activist should end his hunger strike.
Hegde, also member of the joint drafting committee on Lokpal Bill, strongly disapproved of Hazare`s insistence on "having his way" in Parliament, saying, "I feel I am not in Team Anna any more by the way things are going. These (telling Parliament what to do) are not democratic things."
Asking Hazare to call off his fast that entered the 11th day on Friday, Agnivesh also made it clear that any appearance of threats to Parliament is not becoming of a Gandhian.
"This is some sort of...seen as a threat to Parliament `you do it by tomorrow or day after`. This is not becoming of a Gandhian fast or a moment. So this was the right moment to call it off," Agnivesh said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends
- Indian Army makes major changes in recruitment process – Click here to get updated information