Agnivesh seeks forgiveness from Anna Hazare
New Delhi: Activist Swami Agnivesh, who fell
out with Anna Hazare`s team during the agitation over Lokpal
Bill, on Tuesday sought forgiveness from the Gandhian and the
others "who felt hurt" through his "unintentional acts".
"I am turning 73 tomorrow. The Jain Samaj is celebrating
forgiveness week. I seek forgiveness from those who I
unintentionally hurt," Agnivesh said on the eve of his
"If anybody has felt that I hurt them, please forgive me.
Incidentally, my birthday also comes on the same day when
International Day of Peace is observed," he said.
He said his appeal is specifically to Hazare, the
anti-corruption movement and Arya Samaj organisations.
Agnivesh, once a close associate of Hazare, was in the
eye of a storm after a video purportedly showed him talking to
a minister asking him to take strong action against the
Gandhian for not withdrawing his fast over the Janlokpal Bill
despite an appeal from Parliament.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Dadri lynching: UP CM Akhilesh raises compensation to Rs 45 lakh
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- Sundar Raman, tainted IPL franchises face uncertain future