Agnivesh seeks forgiveness from Anna Hazare
New Delhi: Activist Swami Agnivesh, who fell
out with Anna Hazare`s team during the agitation over Lokpal
Bill, on Tuesday sought forgiveness from the Gandhian and the
others "who felt hurt" through his "unintentional acts".
"I am turning 73 tomorrow. The Jain Samaj is celebrating
forgiveness week. I seek forgiveness from those who I
unintentionally hurt," Agnivesh said on the eve of his
"If anybody has felt that I hurt them, please forgive me.
Incidentally, my birthday also comes on the same day when
International Day of Peace is observed," he said.
He said his appeal is specifically to Hazare, the
anti-corruption movement and Arya Samaj organisations.
Agnivesh, once a close associate of Hazare, was in the
eye of a storm after a video purportedly showed him talking to
a minister asking him to take strong action against the
Gandhian for not withdrawing his fast over the Janlokpal Bill
despite an appeal from Parliament.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: BJP wins 82 seats in nail-biting finish, Shiv Sena 84; Uddhav, Fadnavis non-committal on alliance
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017 LIVE: Shiv Sena leads in Mumbai but BJP the big winner
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- Solapur Municipal Corporation Elections 2017: Shiv Sena wins, BJP runners-up