Agnivesh seeks forgiveness from Anna Hazare
New Delhi: Activist Swami Agnivesh, who fell
out with Anna Hazare`s team during the agitation over Lokpal
Bill, on Tuesday sought forgiveness from the Gandhian and the
others "who felt hurt" through his "unintentional acts".
"I am turning 73 tomorrow. The Jain Samaj is celebrating
forgiveness week. I seek forgiveness from those who I
unintentionally hurt," Agnivesh said on the eve of his
"If anybody has felt that I hurt them, please forgive me.
Incidentally, my birthday also comes on the same day when
International Day of Peace is observed," he said.
He said his appeal is specifically to Hazare, the
anti-corruption movement and Arya Samaj organisations.
Agnivesh, once a close associate of Hazare, was in the
eye of a storm after a video purportedly showed him talking to
a minister asking him to take strong action against the
Gandhian for not withdrawing his fast over the Janlokpal Bill
despite an appeal from Parliament.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Minor girl allegedly gang-raped in Mumbai