Agnivesh seeks forgiveness from Anna Hazare
New Delhi: Activist Swami Agnivesh, who fell
out with Anna Hazare`s team during the agitation over Lokpal
Bill, on Tuesday sought forgiveness from the Gandhian and the
others "who felt hurt" through his "unintentional acts".
"I am turning 73 tomorrow. The Jain Samaj is celebrating
forgiveness week. I seek forgiveness from those who I
unintentionally hurt," Agnivesh said on the eve of his
"If anybody has felt that I hurt them, please forgive me.
Incidentally, my birthday also comes on the same day when
International Day of Peace is observed," he said.
He said his appeal is specifically to Hazare, the
anti-corruption movement and Arya Samaj organisations.
Agnivesh, once a close associate of Hazare, was in the
eye of a storm after a video purportedly showed him talking to
a minister asking him to take strong action against the
Gandhian for not withdrawing his fast over the Janlokpal Bill
despite an appeal from Parliament.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- People storm to watch Salman Khan's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' in Pakistan, leave hall teary-eyed