Agnivesh seeks transparency in Team Anna accounts
New Delhi: Questioning the use of funds donated by the public to Team Anna, activist Swami Agnivesh on Sunday claimed that money was deposited in the trust run by
Arvind Kejriwal from which the names of major team members were missing.
Agnivesh, who had yesterday alleged that Kejriwal has siphoned off over Rs 80 lakh donated by people for Anna Hazare`s agitation by diverting it to a trust run by him, said
Anna Hazare does not have his name in the Public Cause Research Foundation run by Kejriwal.
"Even Justice Santosh Hegde, who has a clean image does not have his name in the trust. So, the main members of the team were not part of the Trust and the old trust where
Kejriwal and his members were part...the money was deposited in their name," he alleged.
Agnivesh said Anna was keen to have new trust and include new members.
He said Hazare himself had asked Kejriwal to put on the website the details of donations received by them in the core committee meeting. Hazare had announced that he had asked his associates to conduct a mini-audit and put the statement on website.
Anna wanted to complete the deposits and calculations by October 15 and upload the information on the website, Agnivesh said.
Maintaining that his protest in only for transparency, he said, "I have said this (to give details of accounts) because if they will do it as soon as possible, there won`t be any
doubt and question. If they will delay, people would question why the accounts are not given".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?