Agriculture officers to launch protest for creation of cadre
New Delhi: Agriculture officers today said
they will launch a protest from tomorrow in support of their
demand for creation of an organised cadre of Central
Agriculture Service (CAS) officers, along the same lines as
the engineering, defence and economic services.
Thousands of protesters will wear black badges from
August 19-24 and take out a candle-light demonstration on
August 27 for forming an organised Central Agriculture Service
cadre of group A & B technical officers of the Agriculture
Ministry and its attached and subordinate offices, Technical
Officers Association President Sahdeo Singh told reporters.
The members will work extra time after office hours from
August 25-26 as part of the agitation, Singh, accompanied by
TOA General Secretary Ram Sanehi, said.
They alleged that "due to the indifferent attitude and
bureaucratic manipulation in the past one decade, the creation
of an organised cadre of CAS could not materialise."
However, several other cadre services were created during
this period, like the Indian Engineering Service, Indian
Defence Service, Indian Economic Service, Indian Corporate
Service and Indian Legal Service, among others, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured