Agriculture officers to launch protest for creation of cadre
New Delhi: Agriculture officers today said
they will launch a protest from tomorrow in support of their
demand for creation of an organised cadre of Central
Agriculture Service (CAS) officers, along the same lines as
the engineering, defence and economic services.
Thousands of protesters will wear black badges from
August 19-24 and take out a candle-light demonstration on
August 27 for forming an organised Central Agriculture Service
cadre of group A & B technical officers of the Agriculture
Ministry and its attached and subordinate offices, Technical
Officers Association President Sahdeo Singh told reporters.
The members will work extra time after office hours from
August 25-26 as part of the agitation, Singh, accompanied by
TOA General Secretary Ram Sanehi, said.
They alleged that "due to the indifferent attitude and
bureaucratic manipulation in the past one decade, the creation
of an organised cadre of CAS could not materialise."
However, several other cadre services were created during
this period, like the Indian Engineering Service, Indian
Defence Service, Indian Economic Service, Indian Corporate
Service and Indian Legal Service, among others, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Watch: Hafiz Saeed warns India of more terror attacks
- DNA: Army declares all soldiers in Siachen avalanche dead
- DNA: Indian Navy set to conduct International Fleet Review 2016
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Ahead of 'Kashmir Solidarity Day', Hafiz Saeed's JuD releases controversial video featuring Pakistani Army chief
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Ten Army soldiers missing in Siachen avalanche presumed dead; PM Modi 'salutes' martyrs
- VIDEO: Ambidextrous Sri Lankan Kamindu Mendis bowling with both hands
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review