Agriculture officers to launch protest for creation of cadre
New Delhi: Agriculture officers today said
they will launch a protest from tomorrow in support of their
demand for creation of an organised cadre of Central
Agriculture Service (CAS) officers, along the same lines as
the engineering, defence and economic services.
Thousands of protesters will wear black badges from
August 19-24 and take out a candle-light demonstration on
August 27 for forming an organised Central Agriculture Service
cadre of group A & B technical officers of the Agriculture
Ministry and its attached and subordinate offices, Technical
Officers Association President Sahdeo Singh told reporters.
The members will work extra time after office hours from
August 25-26 as part of the agitation, Singh, accompanied by
TOA General Secretary Ram Sanehi, said.
They alleged that "due to the indifferent attitude and
bureaucratic manipulation in the past one decade, the creation
of an organised cadre of CAS could not materialise."
However, several other cadre services were created during
this period, like the Indian Engineering Service, Indian
Defence Service, Indian Economic Service, Indian Corporate
Service and Indian Legal Service, among others, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- Asafa Powell fills Usain Bolt`s shoes and targets personal best
- WATCH: Roger Federer mesmerizes centre court crowd with a 'tweener lob'