AgustaWestland welcomes arbitration on scrapped deal
Milan: Italian defence group Finmeccanica said on Thursday its AgustaWestland unit welcomed India`s decision to take part in an arbitration process over a $770 million helicopter deal.
"AgustaWestland... confirms having received yesterday from India`s Ministry of Defence notification concerning the appointment of an arbitrator from its side," Finmeccanica said in a statement.
India cancelled the chopper deal with AgustaWestland on Wednesday over what it termed a breach of integrity, but agreed to participate in an arbitration process.
AgustaWestland did not believe the contract termination notice issued by the Defence Ministry or the "show cause notice" provided an adequate basis for taking action against it, Finmeccanica said.
But it said it remained committed to working with the India to resolve the issues.
"AgustaWestland is ready to take the necessary actions, on top of the above-mentioned arbitration measures, included in a mitigation plan already prepared," it said.
India froze payments for 12 AW101 helicopters after Finmeccanica`s then chief executive was arrested in February for allegedly paying bribes to secure the deal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- CBSE Class X Results 2015 to be announced today?
- Kerala Plus Two Results 2015 on keralaresults.nic.in
- Lalu Yadav invites Jitan Ram Manjhi for joint fight against BJP, JD(U) upset