Ahamed to lead Indian Hajj goodwill delegation
New Delhi: Minister of State for External Affairs E Ahamed will tomorrow leave for Saudi Arabia leading an Indian Haj goodwill delegation.
Ambassador of India in Saudi Arabia Hamid Ali Rao will also join the delegation.
Ahamed has earlier led the Haj delegation in December 2006.
As of October 20, a total of 1,23,111 Indian pilgrims have left for Haj.
1,23,025 are in Mecca and 86 pilgrims are in Medina. So far 424 flights have reached Saudi Arabia from India and 5,934 pilgrims have moved from Mecca to Medina.
A statement from Consulate General in Jeddah said that as of October 20, 63 pilgrims have expired out of which 45 came through Haj Committee of India and 18 through private tour operators.
The Indian Haj Mission offices in Mecca and Medina along with more than 300 local employees and 535 people on deputation from India are serving the pilgrims and attending to their complaints and queries.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of terror attacks in Baramulla and Kupwara
- DNA: Farooq Abdullah insults national anthem, talks on phone
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part II
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part III
- Virtual reality headset market shipment value reaches over $3.4 million in Jan-Mar quarter
- No new signal from EgyptAir jet since day of crash as search intensifies
- LinkedIn notifies data breach, alerts 400 mn members to stay safe
- UN climate change report excludes Great Barrier reefs from in-danger list
- Lesser-known health benefits of pomegranate!