Ahamed visits Kuwait, discusses welfare of Indian expatriates
Kuwait City: Minister of State for External Affairs E Ahamed on Sunday met Kuwait`s top leadership, including Crown Prince Sheikh Nawaf, and discussed welfare of the Indian expatriate community living in the oil-rich country.
Ahamed called on Crown Prince Sheikh Nawaf Al-Ahmad Al-Jaber Al-Sabah at Sief Palace.
Ahamed also met Sheikh Ahmad Hamoud Al-Jaber Al-Sabah, First Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Interior of the State of Kuwait, and discussed the welfare of the community in the country.
The visit by Ahamed comes after recent measures taken up by the Kuwaiti authorities against the expatriate communities for visa and other violations.
These measures had aroused a lot of anxiety in the Indian expatriate community.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Intelligence agencies warn of firing by Pakistan along LoC, international border
- Beware! Fake currency notes floating in market this Diwali
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon