Ahmed Patel takes on Modi over his machismo
Dahod: Senior Congress leader and political secretary to the Congress president Sonia Gandhi Ahmed Patel on Thursday took on Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi over his `56-inch chest` boast, asking why he did not venture out of his house during the riots.
Patel was addressing a gathering of tribal community near Rukdi village near here.
"To those who talk of having 56-inch chest... I want to ask, Chief Minister of Gujarat, where were you at the time of (terror) attack on Akshardham (temple), you were not able to come out of house for three days, when the riots (2002) took place you did not come out of your house for five days."
"There is no democracy in Gujarat, this is a dictatorial government working here," Patel said.
"Today is the death anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi, 66 years ago only his body was killed, today they are trying to destroy his ideals.
"The present development model is not Gujarat model but Modi model. Gujarat model of development is the one propagated by Mahatma Gandhi and Sardar Patel which meant progress for all including those standing last. But, in the model of today`s government, development benefits reach only a few," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Karnataka: Baby with four legs, two male sex organs born in Raichur