Ahmedabad, Gujarat coast, borders on high alert
Rajkot/Ahmedabad: Security has been beefed
up in the coastal and border areas of the state and a high
alert has been issued for Ahmedabad city during Holi following
intelligence inputs, police said here on Sunday.
"There is a general alert in the coastal and border
areas. If any intelligence input or not, we always become
alert during festival season," Director General of Police S S
"This is a normal practice which we follow," he said and
declined to divulge anything further on the intelligence
Ahmedabad Joint Commissioner of Police Satish Sharma
said, "There is a high alert declared in Ahmedabad city on
account of Holi."
"We have increased night patrolling and increased
security at public places like malls, gardens, theatres and
other places," he said.
Sources in district police said patrolling in the coastal
regions of Jamnagar, Porbander, Veraval, Mundra, Kandla in
Kutch have been increased following the inputs.
They said patrolling by marine police in the coastal
regions have been intensified.
Also, various other security agencies like the
coastguard and the Border Security Force (BSF) have been asked
to increase petrolling in border areas of the state.
Vital installations like Essar and Reliance oil
refineries and major ports like Kandla and Mundra in Kutch are
located on the coast of Gujarat.
Last week, the BSF had foiled an infiltration bid by a
Pakistani boat near Harami Nala on the West coast of Kutch.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble