AI chargesheets airhostess in molestation case
New Delhi: An Air India enquiry committee
has chargesheeted airhostess Komal Singh, who had levelled
molestation charges against two pilots of the airlines, for
"violating the conduct rule".
"Airhostess Komal Singh has been issued a chargesheet
for violation of conduct rule and for not complying with the
company policy," an Air India spokesperson said today.
Air India had constituted an enquiry committee to
investigate a mid-air scuffle between co-pilot Aditya Chopra
and flight purser Amit Khanna onboard a Sharjah-Lucknow-Delhi
flight (IC 884) on October 3.
Singh had lodged an FIR against the pilots alleging
molestation by them in the cockpit.
Sources in the airline said the airhostess has been
punished for speaking to the media against company policies.
"She has also been accused of insubordination,
disobeying seniors," the AI official said.
Flight purser Amit Khanna, who got into a scuffle with
Commander Ranbir Arora and his co-pilot Aditya Chopra, has
also been chargesheeted for the same reasons by the committee.
On October 6, Air India had constituted a five-member
committee, headed by a senior woman official, to examine the
charges of sexual harassment levelled by Singh against the two
pilots. The committee also included the member of an NGO.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price