AI disburses 11 cr to Mangalore crash victims` kin
Mumbai: National flag carrier Air India on Sunday said
it has disbursed Rs 11.29 crore as interim compensation to 129
families of the victims as well as survivors of the Mangalore
Besides, Rs 1.47 crore have been disbursed from the Prime
Minister Relief Fund, an Air India spokesperson said here.
"As on date, Air India has disbursed Rs 11.29 crore to
the survivors and families of victims of the Mangalore plane
crash," the spokesperson said.
Air India had announced an interim compensation of Rs 10
lakh to the kin of the deceased above 12 years of age and Rs
5 lakh to families of those below 12 years.
For those injured, Air India had said it would pay Rs 2
lakh as interim compensation.
The airline has deputed a team comprising its officials
and solicitors to help the families in receiving interim
"This team will visit Mangalore again on June 9-10 to
settle the remaining cases," the spokesperson said.
The Air India Express Boeing 737-800 aircraft from Dubai
with 166 people on board crashed at Mangalore`s Bajpe Airport
while attempting to land on May 22, killing 158 people,
including a six-member crew.
The Civil Aviation Ministry has appointed a court of
inquiry into the crash.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Rio Olympics after-effects: Marathon runner OP Jaisha also tests positive for H1N1; hospitalised
- Hyderabad varsity JAC condemns judicial commission report
- Hillary Clinton says Donald Trump is taking far-right hate groups `mainstream`
- John Kerry arrives in Geneva for Syria talks with Lavrov
- Three killed in apparent crossbow attack in Canada