AI flight delay leads to chaos at Delhi airport
New Delhi: Chaos broke out at the swanky new Terminal 3 of the Indira Gandhi International Airport on Sunday as large number of passengers angered by delays in Air India flights raised slogans against the national carrier.
Angry passengers even took over the mic at the public announcement system room near Gate no. 24 at the Terminal 3 of the airport, sources said.
The passengers, who were angered by delays of Air India flights - AI 841, 895 - also shouted slogans against the national carrier and wanted to know why there were inordinate delays in flights.
Ever since Air India shifted some of its domestic operations to the terminal, there have been delays in the flight schedule.
The passengers were also angry as they did not receive baggage for hours after their flight landed at the Airport.
Passengers of AI-201 New York-Delhi alleged that they waited for three to four hours to receive their baggage. They complained that the conveyor belt was not functioning.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof