AI flight delay leads to chaos at Delhi airport
New Delhi: Chaos broke out at the swanky new Terminal 3 of the Indira Gandhi International Airport on Sunday as large number of passengers angered by delays in Air India flights raised slogans against the national carrier.
Angry passengers even took over the mic at the public announcement system room near Gate no. 24 at the Terminal 3 of the airport, sources said.
The passengers, who were angered by delays of Air India flights - AI 841, 895 - also shouted slogans against the national carrier and wanted to know why there were inordinate delays in flights.
Ever since Air India shifted some of its domestic operations to the terminal, there have been delays in the flight schedule.
The passengers were also angry as they did not receive baggage for hours after their flight landed at the Airport.
Passengers of AI-201 New York-Delhi alleged that they waited for three to four hours to receive their baggage. They complained that the conveyor belt was not functioning.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video