AI flight delay leads to chaos at Delhi airport
New Delhi: Chaos broke out at the swanky new Terminal 3 of the Indira Gandhi International Airport on Sunday as large number of passengers angered by delays in Air India flights raised slogans against the national carrier.
Angry passengers even took over the mic at the public announcement system room near Gate no. 24 at the Terminal 3 of the airport, sources said.
The passengers, who were angered by delays of Air India flights - AI 841, 895 - also shouted slogans against the national carrier and wanted to know why there were inordinate delays in flights.
Ever since Air India shifted some of its domestic operations to the terminal, there have been delays in the flight schedule.
The passengers were also angry as they did not receive baggage for hours after their flight landed at the Airport.
Passengers of AI-201 New York-Delhi alleged that they waited for three to four hours to receive their baggage. They complained that the conveyor belt was not functioning.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan