AI flight lands in Kochi after smoke alarm
Kochi: An Air India 901 Kochi-Kozhikode- Riyad flight with 197 passengers and 12 crew which left the airport here early Saturday made an emergency landing at Kochi airport after smoke was noticed in the cabin, airport sources said.
The smoke was noticed shortly after the flight left for Riyad from Kozhikode 0635 hrs.
About thirty minutes after take off from Kozhikode airport, smoke was noticed and the pilot immediately diverted the flight to Kochi airport and landed safely in full emergency at 0820 hrs.
The passengers panicked as the smell of smoke enveloped the cabin.
The passengers have been shifted to nearby hotel.
Air India sources said the flight has been grounded, and a relief flight will be arranged by this evening to take the passengers to Riyad.
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- West Bengal Assembly Elections: Polling begins in crucial fifth phase, 680 central forces companies deployed
- Severe heat wave condition in West Bengal
- Kerela HSE (Class 12) Result 2016 is likely to be declared by second week of May
- No instances of incursions by Chinese troops into Indian territory: Manohar Parrikar
- Haryana government strips former CM Bhupinder Singh Hooda off cabinet rank