AI flight lands in Kochi after smoke alarm
Kochi: An Air India 901 Kochi-Kozhikode- Riyad flight with 197 passengers and 12 crew which left the airport here early Saturday made an emergency landing at Kochi airport after smoke was noticed in the cabin, airport sources said.
The smoke was noticed shortly after the flight left for Riyad from Kozhikode 0635 hrs.
About thirty minutes after take off from Kozhikode airport, smoke was noticed and the pilot immediately diverted the flight to Kochi airport and landed safely in full emergency at 0820 hrs.
The passengers panicked as the smell of smoke enveloped the cabin.
The passengers have been shifted to nearby hotel.
Air India sources said the flight has been grounded, and a relief flight will be arranged by this evening to take the passengers to Riyad.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Watch Video - World's highest glass-bottom bridge opens in China 600 feet above a canyon!
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony