AI flight makes precautionary landing in New Delhi
New Delhi: A Shanghai-bound Air India
flight from Mumbai with 172 passengers on Friday made a
precautionary landing at the IGI airport in New Delhi after it
developed a technical snag.
The pilot detected a problem in the hydraulic system
and informed the Air Traffic Control (ATC) for permission to
land under emergency condition, AI spokesman said.
The emergency paraphernalia such as fire tenders and
ambulance at the airport were kept on alert. The Airbus-A
330 landed normally but got stuck while taxing to the base. It
was later towed to the bay.
All passengers were safe and they were shifted to
another aircraft for their onward journey to Shanghai, the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee?
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part II
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part III
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part IV
- Are central govt employees justified in demanding salary hike?
- Germany desperate to rewrite history against Italy in Euro 2016 quarter-final
- Playing with lives of soldiers? Jawans in Siachen may have been given substandard snow suits to fight -60 deg C
- Euro 2016: Spain veteran Iker Casillas hints at retirement after team's defeat against Italy
- Jailed ex-MP Shahabuddin shifted to AIIMS
- Facebook to give more prominence to family and friends, not media