AI flight takes off without 25 passengers
Kolkata: A Port Blair-bound Air India
flight on Saturday took off without 25 passengers carrying tickets
as the plane did not have the capacity to seat them,
triggering protests by the travellers.
The airliner usually uses a 145-seater aircraft but
today the plane was smaller with 120 seats, Air India
Airport sources said Air-India`s Kolkata-Port Blair
flight left at 5.35 am without taking the passengers from NSC
Bose international airport here.
Following this, the passengers launched an agitation
at the airport.
Air India officials said a few of the left-out
passengers would be sent by a JetLite flight to Port Blair
and the rest would be provided accommodation in a hotel and
A similar incident happened last evening when Jet
Airways switched to a smaller aircraft for its
Kolkata-Agartala flight. It ended up with 10 passengers in
excess and left them at the airport, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- 14-year-old pregnant rape survivor allowed abortion by Supreme Court
- Four Indians kidnapped in Libya; Islamic State hand suspected
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!