AI flight takes off without 25 passengers
Kolkata: A Port Blair-bound Air India
flight on Saturday took off without 25 passengers carrying tickets
as the plane did not have the capacity to seat them,
triggering protests by the travellers.
The airliner usually uses a 145-seater aircraft but
today the plane was smaller with 120 seats, Air India
Airport sources said Air-India`s Kolkata-Port Blair
flight left at 5.35 am without taking the passengers from NSC
Bose international airport here.
Following this, the passengers launched an agitation
at the airport.
Air India officials said a few of the left-out
passengers would be sent by a JetLite flight to Port Blair
and the rest would be provided accommodation in a hotel and
A similar incident happened last evening when Jet
Airways switched to a smaller aircraft for its
Kolkata-Agartala flight. It ended up with 10 passengers in
excess and left them at the airport, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy?
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part II
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part III
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part IV
- Panel discussion over India's bid for NSG
- Veteran Telegu actor Ramana Murthy dead
- Pakistan court indicts 6 LeJ men in 2009 Sri Lanka team attack case
- Haunting! World renowned pianist performs while floating in Arctic to save environment - Watch video
- There will be no conflict of interest when Anil Kumble takes over as chief coach, says BCCI secretary Ajay Shirke
- Sensex surges 237 points to reclaim 27,000 as UK votes on Brexit