AI flight takes off without 25 passengers
Kolkata: A Port Blair-bound Air India
flight on Saturday took off without 25 passengers carrying tickets
as the plane did not have the capacity to seat them,
triggering protests by the travellers.
The airliner usually uses a 145-seater aircraft but
today the plane was smaller with 120 seats, Air India
Airport sources said Air-India`s Kolkata-Port Blair
flight left at 5.35 am without taking the passengers from NSC
Bose international airport here.
Following this, the passengers launched an agitation
at the airport.
Air India officials said a few of the left-out
passengers would be sent by a JetLite flight to Port Blair
and the rest would be provided accommodation in a hotel and
A similar incident happened last evening when Jet
Airways switched to a smaller aircraft for its
Kolkata-Agartala flight. It ended up with 10 passengers in
excess and left them at the airport, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days