AI flight with Haj pilgrims make emergency landing
Kolkata: An Air-India plane with 400 Haj pilgrims onboard made an emergency landing at the NSC Bose International Airport here tonight after its fire alarm suddenly went off due to a technical glitch.
The Boeing 747 aircraft landed safely at 10.45 PM, airport sources said.
The plane from Jeddah, Saudi Arabia was scheduled to land at 11.10 PM but the pilot sought to make emergency landing when the fire alarm went off due to some technical glitch, they said.
All the passengers were safe, the sources said.
Meanwhile, another Air-India flight, carrying Mizoram Chief Minister Lal Thanhawla, to Aizawl from here had to return to Kolkata at about 2.20 PM when it failed to land in Aizawl due to bad weather.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred