AI flight with Haj pilgrims make emergency landing
Kolkata: An Air-India plane with 400 Haj pilgrims onboard made an emergency landing at the NSC Bose International Airport here tonight after its fire alarm suddenly went off due to a technical glitch.
The Boeing 747 aircraft landed safely at 10.45 PM, airport sources said.
The plane from Jeddah, Saudi Arabia was scheduled to land at 11.10 PM but the pilot sought to make emergency landing when the fire alarm went off due to some technical glitch, they said.
All the passengers were safe, the sources said.
Meanwhile, another Air-India flight, carrying Mizoram Chief Minister Lal Thanhawla, to Aizawl from here had to return to Kolkata at about 2.20 PM when it failed to land in Aizawl due to bad weather.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says