AI, Jet, Kingfisher cancel flights to Europe
New Delhi: Air India, Jet Airways and
Kingfisher Airlines on Monday cancelled their flights to the UK
and other parts of Europe in the wake of huge clouds of
volcanic ash emanating from Iceland.
Air India and Jet would, however, operate their flights
to the US and Canada by taking a diversion, sources in the
An Air India spokesman said the airline will operate
its flights from Delhi to New York and New York to Delhi and
also Mumbai-New York and New York-Mumbai flights with a
diversion through a polar route. A polar route refers to an
aircraft route across the uninhabited polar ice cap region.
Jet Airways has also started its Delhi-Toronto and
Mumbai-New York flights with a technical stop over at
Athens in Greece.
Some airlines have started talks with various foreign
missions in India to take care of the stranded passengers from
Maintaining that they had already provided full
accommodation and other facilities to hundreds of passengers
for past 2-3 days, they also said they were finding it
difficult to continue this facility any longer.
Airline sources also said the carriers could not be held
liable for disruption of flight operations under to such
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- Baba Ramdev's Patanjali enters big retail with Future Group tie-up
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar Assembly Elections: Opinion poll predicts absolute majority for Modi-led NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?