AI, Kingfisher cancel London-bound flights
Mumbai: Air India on Monday cancelled two London-bound flights while Kingfisher cancelled all its flights to Heathrow after drifting volcanic ash from Iceland forced closure of two European airports.
Air India did not operate its Mumbai-London and New Delhi-London flight. However, its Amritsar-London-Toronto flight is scheduled to take off at 3:30 pm, an AI spokesperson said.
Private carrier Kingfisher cancelled all its flights to London.
"Having assessed the current information received from
Eurocontrol, and the trends indicating anticipated closure of
the airspace over London Heathrow airport due to fresh
contamination of volcanic ash, Kingfisher Airlines has
cancelled its flights to and from London airport on May 17,"
its spokesperson told a news agency here.
The airline, however, said that since the situation
was dynamic and changing, it would take a call on its London
flights for tomorrow later.
Jet Airways said that all its flights to London were
The airspace over London`s Heathrow Airport and
Schiphol airport in Amsterdam, Europe`s another biggest air
travel hubs, closed this morning as a dense cloud of volcanic
ash drifted from Iceland.
The restrictions affecting Heathrow -- as well as
Gatwick, Stansted and London City airports -- will be in place
until at least 7 a m local time (1130 IST), the aviation
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie