AI pilot abandons take-off after engine snag
Lucknow: The pilot of a New-Delhi-bound Air India (AI) flight abandoned its take-off at the Lucknow airport on Saturday after the plane developed some technical problems, an official said.
"The take-off was abandoned after some engine problem developed in the Air India flight," Chaudhary Charan Singh Airport (Amausi) director Atul Dixit told a news agency by telephone.
"I want to clarify that there was no tyre burst as it is being reported by a few mediapersons. The problem (engine) was noticed even before the plane could take-off from the Lucknow airpot," he added.
According to officials, all the 137 passengers aboard flight IC-412 are safe.
A team of engineers is attending to the fault in the plane`s engine.
However, there was no official statement released by Air India.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list