AI pilot abandons take-off after engine snag
Lucknow: The pilot of a New-Delhi-bound Air India (AI) flight abandoned its take-off at the Lucknow airport on Saturday after the plane developed some technical problems, an official said.
"The take-off was abandoned after some engine problem developed in the Air India flight," Chaudhary Charan Singh Airport (Amausi) director Atul Dixit told a news agency by telephone.
"I want to clarify that there was no tyre burst as it is being reported by a few mediapersons. The problem (engine) was noticed even before the plane could take-off from the Lucknow airpot," he added.
According to officials, all the 137 passengers aboard flight IC-412 are safe.
A team of engineers is attending to the fault in the plane`s engine.
However, there was no official statement released by Air India.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of problems of unemployement in India
- DNA: Analysis of how car makers are playing with people's life
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda- Part II
- DNA: A plane landed at -100 degree celsius to rescue a worker
- US election is about more than beating Donald Trump: Senator Bernie Sanders
- Sterling, stocks skid as Brexit result agonisingly close
- REVEALED: Anil Kumble's first message to India captains Mahendra Singh Dhoni, Virat Kohli after appointment
- 'Mirzya' trailer alert! Harshvardhan Kapoor spells enchanting cast in a splendid tale by Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra
- RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat to share dais with Leonardo DiCaprio in UK: Reports