AI pilot’s love for Kachoris delays flight by an hour
Mumbai: She is an Air India pilot and is fond of kachoris, especially Jodhpur’s famous onion kachoris. However, Captain Smriti Trehan is now facing an inquiry and the prospect of being suspended after she took her love for the delicacy too far.
As per a report in a leading English daily, Trehan last Sunday chose to ignore calls to switch her 12 pm Mumbai-Jodhpur-Delhi flight for a 2 pm direct Mumbai-Delhi flight. The reason - she desperately wanted to fly via Jodhpur as she had placed an order for pyaaz kachories which were to be delivered to her at the airport.
When she arrived in time for the 12 pm flight and decided to operate the same, the direct Mumbai-Delhi flight was left without a pilot and was delayed by an hour.
Air India officials could find a replacement only after an hour and the flight departed for Delhi at 3 pm.
Meanwhile, Trehan’s pyaaz kachori package was delivered to her at the Jodhpur airport on time.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’