AI plane makes emergency landing at Kochi airport
Kochi: An Air India plane, with 49 on
board, landed under emergency conditions at the airport here
on Tuesday soon after take-off after the pilot noticed some
technical problem in one of the engines.
The Kochi-Bangalore-Chennai A-320 IC 509 flight with
42 passengers and seven crew had taken off for Bangalore at
07:00 hours from Nedumbassery Airport, but returned within 30
minutes after the problem was noticed, airport sources said.
Fire services personnel and ambulances were called at
the airport to meet any eventuality, the sources said.
Technicians from Chennai are trying to rectify the
Twelve passengers were put on a Kingfisher flight to
Bangalore and the rest would be accommodated in the JetLite
flight to Hyderabad and Chennai, airline sources said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan