AI plane makes emergency landing at Kochi airport
Kochi: An Air India plane, with 49 on
board, landed under emergency conditions at the airport here
on Tuesday soon after take-off after the pilot noticed some
technical problem in one of the engines.
The Kochi-Bangalore-Chennai A-320 IC 509 flight with
42 passengers and seven crew had taken off for Bangalore at
07:00 hours from Nedumbassery Airport, but returned within 30
minutes after the problem was noticed, airport sources said.
Fire services personnel and ambulances were called at
the airport to meet any eventuality, the sources said.
Technicians from Chennai are trying to rectify the
Twelve passengers were put on a Kingfisher flight to
Bangalore and the rest would be accommodated in the JetLite
flight to Hyderabad and Chennai, airline sources said.
- Barack Obama has wish about Osama bin Laden`s last moments
- 162 children die in four months in Pakistan's Tharparkar district
- Major blow to Nawaz govt as US asks Pakistan to make ‘full payment’ for F-16 fighter jets
- Death toll from collapsed building in Kenya rises to 22
- Assembly polls 2016: Arch political rivals PM Narendra Modi, Sonia Gandhi soon to hit Kerala