AI strike: Railways run special trains
New Delhi: In view of the Air India pilots`
strike, the Railway Ministry on Thursday decided to run special
trains on important sectors to clear extra rush of passengers.
While two special trains to Kolkata and Mumbai from here
were run on Thursday, another special train from Mumbai to
Hyderabad would run tomorrow.
"These trains are Rajdhani-type fully air-conditioned
trains and will have 1st AC, 2nd AC and 3rd AC coaches," said
a senior Railway Ministry official, adding, "There will be
also return journey of these special trains to the Capital."
The New Delhi-Mumbai-New Delhi special train will stop
at Mathura, Kota, Ratlam, Vadodra, Surat and Borivalli
stations enroute, both ways.
The New Delhi-Sealdah-New Delhi special train will stop
at Kanpur Central, Mughalsarai & Dhanbad stations enroute.
The Railways will keep watch on the waiting list of the
trains and attach additional coaches to clear extra rush
subject to operational feasibility and availability of
All zonal railways have been directed to take necessary
steps to clear extra rush in view of the ongoing pilots`
strike, the official said.
The Western Railway has decided to run six more holiday
special trains between Bandra and Bikaner for the convenience of
The Railways have made elaborate arrangements to
disseminate information about the schedule of these special
"Commercial offices and public relation offices of
respective zonal railways have started disseminating
information about the detailed time-table of these special
trains," he said.
These trains are available on passenger reservation
system for booking.
The tickets to travel by these special trains are
available on PRS counters across the country and can also be
purchased from Air India ticket counters at Connaught Circus
and the domestic airport in Delhi.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani