AI strike: Railways run special trains
New Delhi: In view of the Air India pilots`
strike, the Railway Ministry on Thursday decided to run special
trains on important sectors to clear extra rush of passengers.
While two special trains to Kolkata and Mumbai from here
were run on Thursday, another special train from Mumbai to
Hyderabad would run tomorrow.
"These trains are Rajdhani-type fully air-conditioned
trains and will have 1st AC, 2nd AC and 3rd AC coaches," said
a senior Railway Ministry official, adding, "There will be
also return journey of these special trains to the Capital."
The New Delhi-Mumbai-New Delhi special train will stop
at Mathura, Kota, Ratlam, Vadodra, Surat and Borivalli
stations enroute, both ways.
The New Delhi-Sealdah-New Delhi special train will stop
at Kanpur Central, Mughalsarai & Dhanbad stations enroute.
The Railways will keep watch on the waiting list of the
trains and attach additional coaches to clear extra rush
subject to operational feasibility and availability of
All zonal railways have been directed to take necessary
steps to clear extra rush in view of the ongoing pilots`
strike, the official said.
The Western Railway has decided to run six more holiday
special trains between Bandra and Bikaner for the convenience of
The Railways have made elaborate arrangements to
disseminate information about the schedule of these special
"Commercial offices and public relation offices of
respective zonal railways have started disseminating
information about the detailed time-table of these special
trains," he said.
These trains are available on passenger reservation
system for booking.
The tickets to travel by these special trains are
available on PRS counters across the country and can also be
purchased from Air India ticket counters at Connaught Circus
and the domestic airport in Delhi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video