AI to begin push-back of aircraft 15 minutes before departure
New Delhi: After missing their scheduled
slot following the DGCA guidelines, Air India has decided to
begin the push-back of flights 15 minutes ahead of their
"Air India has decided to increase its push-back time as
per the DGCA guidelines," an AI spokesperson said today.
Yesterday, due to strict implementation of DGCA
guidelines by the Air Traffic Control (ATC), many flights were
delayed by 30 minutes to one hour after they failed to begin
push-back of the aircraft 15 minutes before their scheduled
Earlier, Kingfisher airlines had decided to close their
check-in counter 40 minutes before the departure and set the
door closing time at 15 minutes before the departure.
Push-back is an airport procedure during which an
aircraft is pushed backwards away from an airport gate by
external power. Push-backs are carried out by special vehicles
called push-back tractors or tugs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack