AI to operate two more flights for evacuating Indians in Libya
Mumbai: National carrier Air India will
operate two more flights to Tripoli for evacuating Indian
nationals stranded in strife-torn Libya.
"We are operating two flights, one each from Mumbai
and Delhi, to Libyan capital Tripoli to evacuate Indian
nationals from there," an AI spokesperson said here.
The Mumbai flight, however, would be an extended one
from Jeddah (Saudi Arabia), the spokesperson said.
The AI, which operates a flight on Mumbai-Jeddah
sector, will extend its route to Tripoli to bring back the
Flight from Mumbai AI-931 will depart from Mumbai
International Airport at 10:30pm IST and will arrive in Jeddah
at 1:30 am (local time).
This flight will take-off from Jeddah at 3:30 am and
land in Libyan capital at 6:30am (local time). From there, it
will fly at 9:30am to arrive in Mumbai at 8:00 pm IST.
The second flight Boeing 747-400 aircraft will depart
from Delhi Airport at 3:00 am tomorrow. It will arrive in
Tripoli at 8:30am (local time).
The flight will then take off from Tripoli for Mumbai
at 11:30 am (local time) and arrive here at 10:30pm IST.
Earlier, India had brought back over 530 of its
nationals from Libya by two special Air India planes.
While the first flight evacuated 291 Indians from
Libya and brought them back here late last night, another Air
India plane carrying over 235 people landed at Terminal 2
of Delhi`s Indira Gandhi International Airport in the wee
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues