AI to operate two more flights for evacuating Indians in Libya
Mumbai: National carrier Air India will
operate two more flights to Tripoli for evacuating Indian
nationals stranded in strife-torn Libya.
"We are operating two flights, one each from Mumbai
and Delhi, to Libyan capital Tripoli to evacuate Indian
nationals from there," an AI spokesperson said here.
The Mumbai flight, however, would be an extended one
from Jeddah (Saudi Arabia), the spokesperson said.
The AI, which operates a flight on Mumbai-Jeddah
sector, will extend its route to Tripoli to bring back the
Flight from Mumbai AI-931 will depart from Mumbai
International Airport at 10:30pm IST and will arrive in Jeddah
at 1:30 am (local time).
This flight will take-off from Jeddah at 3:30 am and
land in Libyan capital at 6:30am (local time). From there, it
will fly at 9:30am to arrive in Mumbai at 8:00 pm IST.
The second flight Boeing 747-400 aircraft will depart
from Delhi Airport at 3:00 am tomorrow. It will arrive in
Tripoli at 8:30am (local time).
The flight will then take off from Tripoli for Mumbai
at 11:30 am (local time) and arrive here at 10:30pm IST.
Earlier, India had brought back over 530 of its
nationals from Libya by two special Air India planes.
While the first flight evacuated 291 Indians from
Libya and brought them back here late last night, another Air
India plane carrying over 235 people landed at Terminal 2
of Delhi`s Indira Gandhi International Airport in the wee
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!