AIADMK demands place in JPC probing 2G scam
New Delhi: AIADMK, arch rival of DMK, on Tuesday
demanded that it should be included in the JPC set up to probe
the 2G scam, alleging that family members of Tamil Nadu Chief
Minister M Karunanidhi were involved in the scandal.
"A JPC without any member of AIADMK is an aborted JPC. I
want our induction", party member V Maitreyan said in Rajya
Sabha during the debate on the motion for formation of the
Joint Parliamentary Committee.
"Your investigating agencies have trailed the funds flow
(to DMK CM`s family), now show your guts to punish the guilty;
otherwise the JPC will be a farce", Maitreyan said.
Amidst clash with DMK member T Siva, AIADMK members also
trooped into the well alleging that the family members of
Tamil Nadu Chief Ministers were involved in the corruption
related to spectrum allocation.
Maitreyan said the Karunanidhi family was a beneficiary
of Rs 214 crore, allegedly routed by DB Realty Managing
Director Shahid Balwa to Kalaignar TV.
Siva objected to Maitreyan`s remarks that the Radia
tapes had conversation involving the "wife of the Chief
Minister of Tamil Nadu". Siva sought intervention of the
The clash between AIDMK and DMK members forced Deputy
Chairman K Rahman Khan to say that MPs should behave as people
were watching the proceedings.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan