AIADMK functionary hacked to death
Madurai: An AIADMK functionary was today hacked to death by a seven-member gang on his way to office from home in the busy Munichalai area, police said.
The deceased, identified as Mayil Murugan (40) was a director of the `Janata Cooperative Society` and 72nd block member of the AIADMK party, they said.
Deputy Commissioner Samanth Rohan Rajendra rushed to the spot and conducted an inquiry.
On Monday, a relative of DMK functionary Gurusamy, Pandi, was murdered near here and three persons surrendered before a Dindigul court in that connection. One of them, Karthick, is a close relative of Mayil Murugan.
Police said today`s murder could be a case to avenge Pandi`s death.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi