AIADMK functionary hacked to death
Madurai: An AIADMK functionary was today hacked to death by a seven-member gang on his way to office from home in the busy Munichalai area, police said.
The deceased, identified as Mayil Murugan (40) was a director of the `Janata Cooperative Society` and 72nd block member of the AIADMK party, they said.
Deputy Commissioner Samanth Rohan Rajendra rushed to the spot and conducted an inquiry.
On Monday, a relative of DMK functionary Gurusamy, Pandi, was murdered near here and three persons surrendered before a Dindigul court in that connection. One of them, Karthick, is a close relative of Mayil Murugan.
Police said today`s murder could be a case to avenge Pandi`s death.
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- Shah Rukh Khan’s ‘Raees’ in trouble – Click here to read more
- Kapil Sharma meets 'showman' Subhash Ghai at Whistling Woods—See pic!
- Did 'Sultan' shoot disrupt Indian athletes' Olympic practice session at JLN Stadium? Here's what happened...
- Kangana Ranaut – Hrithik Roshan controversy: Adhyayan Suman explains why he broke his silence years after remaining tight-lipped
- Centre to release 25 declassified files related to Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose today