AIADMK MLA meets Union Minister Alagiri; removed from post
Chennai: AIADMK MLA from Kovilappatti in Tamil Nadu
L Radhakrishan today met Union Chemicals and Fertilizers
Minister M K Alagiri and in an apparent fall out party general
secretary Jayalalithaa removed him from a key district post.
Radhakrishnan called on Alagiri at his residence in Madurai
and complained that his constituency lacked basic amenities,
even drinking water and urged him to bring the matter to
the notice of Alagiri`s father, Chief Minister M Karunanidhi.
Alagiri told reporters that he assured Radhakrishnan that
he would apprise the Chief Minister of the matter.
Later, speaking to reporters, Radhakrishnan said he was
ready to face any action from the party high command over his
meeting Alagiri, and said he had called on the Union Minister
for the welfare of his constituency people.
Meanwhile, in a release, AIADMK chief Jayalalithaa said
Radhakrishnan has been removed as Tuticorin District secretary
of the `J Jayalalithaa Peravai (Forum).` The release, however,
did not cite any reason for his removal.
The AIADMK had recently suffered a jolt when former
Minister and party MLA, Anitha R Radhakrishnan quit the
party to join DMK. He also managed to retain the Tiruchendur
Assembly seat as a DMK candidate, bypolls for which were held
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'