AIADMK targets Telecom Minister over Spectrum allocation
New Delhi: AIADMK on Monday targeted Telecom
Minister A Raja over the Spectrum allocation issue and accused
the government of coming to the "rescue of the guilty".
Raising the issue of irregularities in spectrum
allocations during Zero Hour in Rajya Sabha, V Maitreyan
(AIADMK) alleged that Raja in his affidavit before the High
Court concealed the letter written by Prime Minister Manmohan
Singh asking him to keep in abeyance the entire procedure of
2G Spectrum allocation.
DMK member Tiruchi Shiva, however, protested saying the
name of the minister, who belongs to his party, should not be
taken when he is not present in the House.
Maitreyan also clashed with Union Minister V Narayanasamy,
when he, pointing towards the treasury benches, said, "They
are coming to the rescue of the guilty".
He said substantial incriminatory documents have been
unearthed in the CBI raids in offices of the telecom ministry
and that Raja will tamper with evidence if he continues to
head the ministry.
Ravi Shankar Prasad (BJP) also supported Maitreyan saying
it was a very serious matter.
R C Singh (CPI) expressed concern over the incident of
loot of the money of labourers from UP and Bihar in Ludhiana
by a bikers` gang and alleged that the police provoked local
youths to attack them.
Rajniti Prasad (RJD) said the minister concerned should
give a reply on the issue as such incidents are happening in
many states, where local police also do not act on the
complaints of migrant labourers.
S S Ahulwalia (BJP) said it will be unfortunate if Punjab
government fails to check the incidents of attacks on migrant
labourers and loot of their money as they have played a
significant role in the agricultural and industrial growth of
Lalit Kishore Chaturvedi (BJP) raised the issue of spread
of Swine Flu in Rajasthan and demanded that the Centre should
intervene and evoke Epidemic Act in the state to control the
Syed Azeez Pasha (CPI) demanded that the process of
allotment of flats to beneficiaries under the cooperative
scheme in Dwarka should be quickened as it is not happening
despite the matter being taken up at high levels.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- Coal scam: Rathi Steel, 3 officials convicted; quantum of sentence to be declared today
- Alarm bells for Nawaz Sharif! Huge protests rock PoK, locals allege ISI rigged polls in favour of PML(N)
- Chill guys! There's still time for Deepika Padukone, Fawad Khan film
- Rio Olympics 2016: Narsingh Yadav's fate hangs in balance as NADA takes final decision today
- Kejriwal, Mamata to attend Mother Teresa's canonization in Rome on Sept 4