AICC endorses Rahul`s appointment as Cong Vice President
Jaipur: The anointment of Rahul Gandhi as the Vice President and `number two` in the Congress party was on Sunday ratified by the AICC.
The Congress Working Committee decision of last night to appoint Rahul as Vice President was approved by the AICC delegates by clapping of hands.
At the start of the day-long AICC session, Congress General Secretary Janardhan Dwivedi announced the CWC decision to appoint the 42-year-old leader as the Vice President and there was unanimous acclamation of the step by the delegates.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional