AICC reshuffle uncertain
New Delhi: With the party and the government facing a series of problems, the reshuffle in the AICC secretariat has been put on the back-burner.
In the wake of Shashi Tharoor-IPL controversy and the
remarks of AICC General Secretary Digvijay Singh against Home
Minister P Chidambaram`s approach towards Maoist menace
remaining unresolved, no one in the AICC talks of a reshuffle
of the work allocation within the party.
The much-awaited reshuffle has been pending for a while
and the latest controversies have ensured that it will take
more time to effect changes in the AICC.
Now, there are about half a dozen vacancies in the party
hierarchy, but sources indicated that a reshuffle has been
They said there was no "political urgency" for filling
the posts and adhere to the `one-person one-post` formula as
no elections were near, except the assembly elections in Bihar
later this year.
Four party general secretaries were inducted into the
Union Council of Ministers in the second term of the UPA
government - Ghulam Nabi Azad, Mukul Wasnik, Prithviraj
Chavan and V Narayanasami, leaving them with little time to
concentrate on party work.
Azad is in-charge of party affairs in Tamil Nadu and
Orissa while Wasnik is in-charge of Rajasthan and Delhi.
Chavan looks after party affairs in Haryana and Jammu and
Law Minister M Veerappa Moily is in-charge of Andhra
Pradesh, where a panel is looking into the Telangana issue.
Among others holding dual charges are CP Joshi, the
Union Minister for Rural Development who is the Rajasthan
Congress chief and Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee, the PCC
chief of West Bengal.
Now, there are nine general secretaries. Party sources
said the number could go upto 12 when the reshuffle takes
place after the second part of the budget session.
Congress has embarked on a year-long celebration to mark
125 years of the formation of the party which will end with a
session of the AICC in the last week of December this year.
In addition, membership drive is going on and the
organisation elections are scheduled to be completed by
December next year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- DNA: Analysis of Hurriyat chief Syed Geelani's passport issue
- DNA: Analysis of traffic system of Vancouver, Canada
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @10 am
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 expected to be announced on May 21
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 (jharkhandeducation.net) likely to be announced on Thursday May 21 at 1 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results to be announced on May 21 at www.apeamcet.org
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- DHSE (dhsekerala.gov.in) 12th Result 2015: Kerala DHSE Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced on May 21
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be declared on May 21
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'