AIEEE paper leak: Brother of mastermind arrested
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh Police has arrested
the brother of the gang leader involved in the leakage of the
All India Engineering Entrance Examination (AIEEE) question
papers that affected lakhs of students.
Phool Chandra, who is posted as a clerk in the Punjab
National Bank in Jaunpur, was arrested from Lucknow late Monday night, Senior Superintendent of Police (SSP) STF Vijay Prakash
He said Phool Chandra is the brother of the gang
The arrested accused has revealed names of some
persons and efforts were being made to arrest them, sources
Police had yesterday said that the kingpin of gang
involved in the leakage of the paper was a native of Jaunpur
district and has bases in Ghaziabad and Mumbai.
"The leader of the gang, which leaked AIEEE paper
on Sunday is a native of Jaunpur district with bases in
Ghaziabad and Mumbai where he lives under pseudo names,"
Special Director General of Police Brij Lal had said
He said the other members of the gang hail from
Sasaram and Patna in Bihar and Ahmedabad in Gujarat.
CBSE assistant secretary Karan Singh Saini has lodged
an FIR at Hazratganj police station in this connection.
"The case is being investigated by the local police,
besides information about the gang is also being collected by
the STF," he said.
AIEEE question papers were leaked in UP and reportedly
sold for Rs 6 lakh forcing CBSE to postpone the test by over
two hours and provide over 12 lakh students across the country
with fresh set of questions.
The question paper recovered by the STF was similar to
one prepared by the CBSE.
CBSE, which conducts the AIEEE exams, has in the
meantime decided to set up a three-member enquiry committee
to investigate the incident. The committee will submit its
report within four weeks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- American Senator wants US to stop issuing visas to Indians
- Kareena Kapoor Khan looks unapologetically sexy on the cover of Vogue India – See pic
- Will women be allowed to enter Haji Ali shrine? Bombay HC verdict today
- Check out the posters of Sunny Leone’s ‘Beiimaan Love’
- Central team to visit Kashmir to look into infiltration today