AIEEE paper leak: STF raids kingpin`s residence
Ghaziabad: A special task force team from
Ahmedabad on Wednesday raided the residence of Deen Dayal -- the
alleged mastermind of the All India Engineering Entrance
Examination question paper leak -- here, but he fled before
the team reached there, police said.
Acting on the inputs of Phool Chandra, a bank employee
and Dayal`s brother who was arrested from Lucknow by UP police
on May 2, the STF team raided several places in the city,
including the kingpin`s residence in Vaishali, STF circle
officer Treveni Singh said.
However, Dayal escaped before the STF team reached his
residence, he said.
AIEEE question papers were leaked in UP and reportedly
sold for Rs 6 lakh forcing CBSE to postpone the test by over
two hours and provide over 12 lakh students across the country
with fresh set of questions on Monday.
CBSE, which conducts the AIEEE exams, has in the meantime
decided to set up a three-member enquiry committee to
investigate the incident. The committee will submit its
report within four weeks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family