AIEEE paper leak: STF raids kingpin`s residence
Ghaziabad: A special task force team from
Ahmedabad on Wednesday raided the residence of Deen Dayal -- the
alleged mastermind of the All India Engineering Entrance
Examination question paper leak -- here, but he fled before
the team reached there, police said.
Acting on the inputs of Phool Chandra, a bank employee
and Dayal`s brother who was arrested from Lucknow by UP police
on May 2, the STF team raided several places in the city,
including the kingpin`s residence in Vaishali, STF circle
officer Treveni Singh said.
However, Dayal escaped before the STF team reached his
residence, he said.
AIEEE question papers were leaked in UP and reportedly
sold for Rs 6 lakh forcing CBSE to postpone the test by over
two hours and provide over 12 lakh students across the country
with fresh set of questions on Monday.
CBSE, which conducts the AIEEE exams, has in the meantime
decided to set up a three-member enquiry committee to
investigate the incident. The committee will submit its
report within four weeks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional