AIIMS, PGIMER faculty to get salaries like IIM, IIT
New Delhi: The government Tuesday approved revised
pay scales for faculty of autonomous medical institutions like
the AIIMS and PGIMER, Chandigarh, bringing them at par with
their counterparts in IITs and IIMs.
The faculty at these institutes had refused to accept the
revised emoluments as per the Sixth Pay Commission
recommendations, demanding a pay hike at par with those in the
IIMs and IITs.
The decision to give term parity to the faculty of
autonomous medical colleges with their counterparts in IITs
and IIMs was approved by the Union Cabinet at its meeting held
today, Health Ministry sources said.
While the revised pay would be applicable from January
2006, allowances would be given with effect from August 2008.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics