AIIMS, PGIMER faculty to get salaries like IIM, IIT
New Delhi: The government Tuesday approved revised
pay scales for faculty of autonomous medical institutions like
the AIIMS and PGIMER, Chandigarh, bringing them at par with
their counterparts in IITs and IIMs.
The faculty at these institutes had refused to accept the
revised emoluments as per the Sixth Pay Commission
recommendations, demanding a pay hike at par with those in the
IIMs and IITs.
The decision to give term parity to the faculty of
autonomous medical colleges with their counterparts in IITs
and IIMs was approved by the Union Cabinet at its meeting held
today, Health Ministry sources said.
While the revised pay would be applicable from January
2006, allowances would be given with effect from August 2008.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire