AIIMS students` stir continues, Director forms pan
New Delhi: Agitating MBBS students at AIIMS
on Tuesday staged protests demanding removal of its Director
following the alleged suicide by a first-year student as their
indefinite strike entered the second day.
The institute, however, said that AIIMS Director has
constituted a panel comprising senior faculty to verify
whether the results of Anil Meena, who allegedly committed
suicide on Sunday, had been prepared as per the prescribed
Wearing black ribbons and raising slogans, nearly 400 MBBS
students at AIIMS gheraoed R C Deka`s office and demanded his
resignation. This was followed by a candle light march in the
Meena (22), who hailed from Baran district in Rajasthan,
was found hanging by his friends in his hostel room on Sunday
morning. He was immediately taken to the hospital where
doctors declared him brought dead.
"All students have decided to protest until the
administration takes the moral responsibility for such
incidents and follows it with measures related to students
welfare which should be enacted immediately so as to prevent
such future episodes," one of the protesting students said.
The Students Union today submitted a memorandum with the
office of the Director which included the demand for
investigation into incident.
An official statement issued by the hospital authorities
said that the Group set up by the Director will scrutinise the
entire record pertaining to the academic performance of late
Anil Meena and give its findings to the Institute.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra