AIIMS students` stir continues, Director forms pan
New Delhi: Agitating MBBS students at AIIMS
on Tuesday staged protests demanding removal of its Director
following the alleged suicide by a first-year student as their
indefinite strike entered the second day.
The institute, however, said that AIIMS Director has
constituted a panel comprising senior faculty to verify
whether the results of Anil Meena, who allegedly committed
suicide on Sunday, had been prepared as per the prescribed
Wearing black ribbons and raising slogans, nearly 400 MBBS
students at AIIMS gheraoed R C Deka`s office and demanded his
resignation. This was followed by a candle light march in the
Meena (22), who hailed from Baran district in Rajasthan,
was found hanging by his friends in his hostel room on Sunday
morning. He was immediately taken to the hospital where
doctors declared him brought dead.
"All students have decided to protest until the
administration takes the moral responsibility for such
incidents and follows it with measures related to students
welfare which should be enacted immediately so as to prevent
such future episodes," one of the protesting students said.
The Students Union today submitted a memorandum with the
office of the Director which included the demand for
investigation into incident.
An official statement issued by the hospital authorities
said that the Group set up by the Director will scrutinise the
entire record pertaining to the academic performance of late
Anil Meena and give its findings to the Institute.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, released later
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- DNA: Ground reporting of the deteriorating sanctity of Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- India vs New Zealand, 4th ODI: As it happened...